What information do we collect about you?
Personal Information that we collect through this website can be defined as;
“Any data that can be used to identify, contact, or locate a specific individual is called Personal Identifiable Information (PII). Data such as social security numbers, mailing or email address, phone numbers, log in ids, social media posts, or digital images are most commonly considered PII.”
- Actively: Any information that you voluntarily share with us is called Active PII. We do not collect any active information through our website. PII shared through email, messages from social media platforms, or any other medium are also covered under actively collected PII. However, the content shared on our social media platforms is solely the user’s responsibility. We advise users to use their due diligence while sharing anything on social media.
- Embedded content and hyperlinks: Pages of this Site may contain embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.) and hyperlinks from other websites. These websites collect data when you click on the embedded content. They may use it for tracking and monitoring your interactions with that embedded content. It happens only if you have an account on that website and you are logged in to that website. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
How do we use the collected information?
We may collect and use Users PII for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience.
- To analyze, improve, operate, and maintain the Site, our programs, services, website, and other systems. This enables us to provide you seamless experience;
- To improve our website based on the information collected by our website.
- To improve customer experience.
- To maintain a record of our interactions with you.
- To communicate with you via email. *(users can opt-out of the emails)
- To use your data in a non-specific format for demographic and analytical purposes.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
How do we protect your information?
We adopt all necessary measures to protect your data while collecting, storing, or processing it. Any attempt for unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of PII is covered under the UAE’s data privacy rules. However, we need to understand the nature of the internet, where no data transmission is 100% secure.
How do we share your data?
We do not sell, trade, or rent your data linked to your personal identification with anyone. However, we may share your data with our services providers such as website designers, social media managers, or web hosting service providers. These service providers are legally bound to protect the data.
We share only generic aggregated demographic information. This information is not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users. We may share your information with the above-mentioned third parties for those limited purposes. However, it is shared only when you have given us your permission.
How can you update personal information and privacy preference?
The user has the complete right to access, update or delete their personal information at any time. You can do that by sending a formal request to email@example.com.
We provide all the information on a formal request. You can also request to permanently delete any personal information on request. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not intend to collect information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are below 18 years of age, then kindly restrain yourself from forming an account or commenting on our website.
Privacy complaints as per GDPR guidelines
Users who are residing in the European Union (EU) or EU citizens residing in other locations have certain statutory rights about their PII. They can request access, update, delete, or correct Personal Information.