Dubai Frame: The World’s Largest Picture Frame
If you are planning to go to the future or watch the history of Dubai then the Dubai Frame might have just the experience reserved for you. Even though the city is known for its spectacular skyscrapers and the deep blue seas, the launch of the Dubai Frame in 2018 has won the hearts of tourists and locals alike. It is a magnificent 48-floor structure that is said to attract millions of tourists throughout the year.
This eye-catching addition to the Dubai skyline is constructed of glass, steel, and aluminum and is covered with gold-colored stainless steel cladding.
The Dubai frame consists of a museum with immersive 3D exhibits that depict Dubai’s transition from a fishing village to a global tourist destination. There is also a future gallery that showcases what the city might be like in 2050, with flying taxis, 3D printed buildings, hyperloop transport, drones, and robots performing maintenance tasks. The Dubai Frame is the world’s largest frame that connects Dubai’s past to its magnificent present. This marvelous creation is known to awe-struck people. So drown in the magnificence of this work of art and celebrate its glory when you visit Dubai.
Let’s find out some facts about the magnificent Dubai Frame:
- The Dubai Frame project cost the city almost AED 160 million ($43.5 million).
- It is expected to attract 2 million visitors per year.
- It is shaped like a photo frame.
- The idea of the design was by architect Fernando Donis, who also designed Dubai’s Porsche Design Towers and the Dubai Renaissance Center.
- The two towers of Dubai Frame are connected by a bridge that is of 100 sq meters, with a 25 sq meters glass panel in the middle that offers an exquisite 360-degree view of Dubai.
- The Dubai Frame is 150 meters tall and 93 meters wide.
- The exterior design was inspired by the logo of Expo 2020.
- It is also known as Berwaz Dubai in Arabic.
- It can take up to 200 visitors per hour. Groups of 20 are sent to each of the augmented reality stops i.e. Mezzanine Level, the Sky Deck Level, and the Vortex Level.
- The tickets have to be purchased in advance depending on the time slots.
- Tickets are priced at AED 50 for adults and AED 20 for children. Visiting hours are from 9 am to 9 pm daily.
- The Dubai Frame is located in Zabeel Park Gate 4.
A walk through the Dubai Frame
The Museum at the Mezzanine Level
You can find the spectacular museum and a gallery as you enter the Dubai Frame at the Mezzanine Level. Enjoy a walk through the history of Dubai where the museum portrays the simple life of a nomadic Bedouin fishing to the magnificent beauty that the Emirate has become over time. Special effects have been introduced in the museum to create a visually captivating experience. Sound effects in the museum have also created an ambiance that will remain embedded in your memory and that will give you the experience of a lifetime. So prepare yourself to have an amazing experience at the Museum in Dubai Frame.
The Sky Deck Level
As you proceed forward you can find the Sky Deck Level waiting for you in all its glory. This level is designed to put you in awe. The Sky Deck Level allows you to see the fabulous views of the modern city right from the glass walls. You can see famous skyscrapers and many other attractions of Dubai from the deck. Listen to the amazing facts about Dubai’s remarkable landmarks while experiencing a 3D view of the city. It’s almost as if the city is made brighter by your presence.
The Vortex Tunnel
As you proceed from the Sky Deck Level, you can find the vortex level that is amplified with special lights and sound effects. The Vortex makes you feel like you are on a time machine, where you will be taken to the future. It portrays how Dubai might look like in the year 2050. The sound and visual effects create an illusion of time travel. With the aid of augmented reality, it helps you to experience the future, which is enough to overwhelm you with wonder and awe.
The Glass Walkway
As you advance from the Vortex Level you can find the Glass walkway, located at the topmost part of the Dubai Frame. This Glass Walkway connects the two columns on either side of the frame. You can experience amazing views of the city when you stand atop of the Dubai Frame in this Glass Walkway. There’s a cafe in the Glass Walkway that serves hot coffee and delicious desserts. So sit back and revel in the feeling of being on top of the world.
To sum up, the Dubai Frame is the kind of construction that makes you feel like magic is real. With its promise of portraying what it can be in 50 years to come is something that is truly worth experiencing. The minds behind this work of art know no bounds, which ultimately gave birth to this magnificent creation that has elevated the experience in Dubai for tourists as well as locals. The Dubai Frame adds a majestic look to the Dubai skyline. Even in the night, you can find the Dubai Frame standing tall in all its glory and making it one of the most fascinating views in Dubai. To book the ticket, visit www.dubaiframe.ae